THE RVW DIFFERENCES:
RVW Investing LLC is a Registered Investment Advisor owned and managed exclusively by CPAs who are also RIAs. Our team includes trained economists and Personal Financial Planners. We are the owners, the traders and the chief strategists. The people you meet are the ones who are intimately involved in every aspect of the relationship;
- We utilize no proprietary products, hedge funds or bond funds - and our clients invest directly in the financial instruments that they wish to own;
- We are strategic investors rather than tacticians and typically make slow, measured moves as we periodically reposition the equity portfolios. We eschew market timing and stock picking. New funds are generally placed into equities via ETFs using a modified Dollar Cost Averaging strategy so that we do not confuse an appropriate strategy with possibly poor timing. We also prefer to liquidate equity investments in a staged and planned manner over a determined period.
- Our clients have their funds placed into their own account at Schwab Institutional, where they enjoy institutional pricing, transparency and online access to their accounts in real time;
- Unlike brokers, we have a fiduciary obligation to our clients - which we take seriously. We work solely for our clients;
- In addition to the standard Schwab Institutional reporting, we provide to our clients no less than semi-annually a comprehensive analytical review of the portfolio.
RVW INVESTING EXPLAINED
We believe that asset allocation is a primary determinant of portfolio volatility and indeed of returns - and that in the long run markets tend to be efficient, with severe oscillations in the shorter term. Many are under the mistaken impression that equity markets performed poorly over the past decade because they measured performance solely by using the S+P 500 index. That index is market-capitalization weighted and includes a heavy orientation to US-based large companies. In fact, an equal weighted index and a broader look at markets (especially including selective global exposure) reveals that, for many, it was a rewarding period to be in equities.
- Accordingly we employ a top-down approach to investing and commence with a risk assessment to determine the optimal allocation between bonds and equities.
- Each portfolio is tailored to the specific situation of the investor.
- We are currently over-weighted towards global brands and dividend paying stocks.
- Bonds are purchased at institutional pricing and we generally select only AA rated bonds or better. In addition we examine every bond issuer to ensure that they meet our own standards.
- We typically employ a 5 year laddered holding period for bonds, effectively earning 5 year returns with an average portfolio life of 2.5 years once fully implemented - and plan to hold bonds to maturity.
- Our team carefully monitors bonds for downgrades in credit quality.
THE BOTTOM LINE:
We are all trained CPAs who are totally focused on the facts: Suitability, performance, costs and tax impact. We have removed the excessive fees and markups, hype and marketing from the investing process. Our sole focus is the long term financial wellbeing of each client. RVW is ruthlessly objective and bottom-line oriented. All of the owners are significant RVW investors.
IMPORTANT NOTE: This website is only intended for clients and interested investors residing in states in which the Adviser is qualified to provide investment advisory services. Please contact RVW Investing, LLC at (888) 691-1888 to find out if we are qualified to provide investment advisory services in the state where you reside and to learn more about what we do. RVW does not attempt to furnish personalized investment advice or services through this website. Past performance is no guarantee of likely future results. Capital not guaranteed.